Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Pagan Blood - The Last Empire



Band:
Pagan Blood
Album: The Last Empire
Year: 2009
Country: France
Genre: Raw Pagan Black Metal


Pagan Blood is a French Pagan Black Metal band, following the tradition of bands like North, Pagan Blood plays quite traditional Black metal with a hint of atmospheric elements, without any synth and fancy instruments to achieve this atmosphere, a method that I personally prefer, as I usually think all these atmospheric elements can ruin the album.

The production is raw, something that suits this album very well. The same thing can be said about the vocals, even though they can be hard to hear over the band sometimes, as they are unclear and of course in French. The guitar and drums are fast and hard, but still manage to be quite melodic at some points, without ruining the raw and dark atmosphere.

The album is very good, and I recommend it to all of you who like Pagan Black Metal. The album is promising, and I hope to hear more from this band. I know that they have released a demo previously, but I can`t find it. If anyone finds it, please let me know.

Buy the record: TrollZorn

0 comments: